This leftover turkey, cranberry sauce and cambozola sandwich is pure happiness after spending hours on end in the kitchen cooking for Thanksgiving. Not only does it NOT require a pot or a pan, but it barely requires any dishes at all!
Pin this recipe for later by hovering over the image and clicking the save button!
The kitchen is a magical place in November. An aroma of spiced cranberries bursting fills the air, along with the sizzling sound of bacon, and Grandma yelling at you to stop tasting the turkey!
One day of eating takes weeks of planning and preparation, and within just a few hours, all we are left with is the best thing ever: leftovers!!
Leftovers mean that I don’t have to pull out another pot or pan for at least three days, don’t you know?
Instead, I get to pile things onto bread and then flop on the couch and watch the happiest of all things: Hallmark Christmas movies!
There is something about the sparkling fake snow and the cheesiness of glimmering new love that these stories depict that make me smile. I’m a sap. I know. These movies are almost as bad as the romance novels I use to hide under my bed when I was a kid.
Speaking of cheese, these blue cheese, turkey cranberry sauce, and spinach sandwiches are my favorite! Cambozola reminds me of my childhood, and it tastes so good with the leftover Thanksgiving flavors.
Pair the sandwich with some sparkling water or some hot english breakfast tea, and enjoy!!
Check out the super simple recipe for these Leftover Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, fresh spinach, and Blue Cheese sandwiches.
- 2 slices of bread - I used a pumpkin seed, sage loaf, but any kind of crusty bread or roll would work.
- 4 oz of leftover turkey -- honestly, just pile on however much you desire!
- 1-2 T of Cranberry sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 - 2 T Cambozola Blue Cheese
- a handful of fresh spinach or salad greens
- Toast the bread slightly, and then spread one side of each piece with the cambozola, dijon mustard, and cranberry sauce.
- Layer the turkey and the spinach onto one slice, then place the other fully loaded slice of bread on top (spread side down, of course) and enjoy!
BEFORE YOU LEAVE, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER RECIPES THAT WILL ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!