If you love Thai flavors, then you are going to love this coconut rice pudding topped with fresh mango!
Coconut rice pudding topped with bits of fresh mango is better than baby giggles!! It’s even better than the grumpy cat memes that still make me laugh even though they aren’t that “in” anymore. I’m not sure if it’s the creaminess of the coconut milk, or the salt factor, or the tanginess of the fresh mango, but this rice pudding has it all!! Plus, it tastes exactly like the coconut rice from my favorite Thai place, and I don’t even have to leave my house! That’s just one more reason why this simple dessert is worthy of all the glory.
It’s so simple to make, too! Here’s the recipe:
- Three cups of leftover rice
- 4 cups of coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T butter
- 2 ripe mangos - cubed
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- First, add the cooked rice, 3 cups of coconut milk, sugar and salt into a heavy saucepan. Let that simmer until it is nice and thick. (work out any clumps that may have formed when the rice was in the fridge) It will take about 20 minutes.
- Once it is thick, add in the beaten eggs and the remaining cup of coconut milk. It is important to stir this consistently, so that the eggs don’t curdle. Allow it to thicken up and give it enough time to cook the eggs (remember keep stirring!). It will take about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from the heat, and stir in the butter. Once the butter has melted, serve some in a bowl and top with the mango and sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER RECIPES THAT WILL ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!